Rusty Taglight Bracket
No Taglight Bracket No Problem!
When I got this 2G Turbo the taglight bracket was gone. Luckily the lights were still there. If you still have the lights. I will give you some insight on how to possibly mount them back in place.
Steps that I took:
- I remvoved the license plate
- I then reached down in the hole to grab the taglights
- I gathered a paint paddle, a drill, a 1/8th bit, a philips screwdriver,and about 6-8 screws.
- cut the paddle into 4 even pieces but I only used two of them
- attach the pieces of paddle to one side of the light with the one or two of the screws (You may or may not need a drill depending upon your supplies.)
- once that is done place the lights in the original light holders place and offset them to your right and left respectively.
- then drill a hole in the bumper cover in the solid piece near the light hole and line
- then get the piece of the paddle over the hole that you drilled and drill a hole in the paddle and put the screw through the hole and your lights will be in place do the other side respectively
- re-install your license plate
- this will keep you from getting pulled over for having a taglight out.
Why are license plates reflective if we still need taglights???
Here are a couple of pics:
You could use better materials but I decided not to at the moment because I was limited on time.